Now accepting memberships for 2017-2018
**NEW and RENEWING MEMBERS CAN NOW SUBMIT THE ONLINE FORM**
Please note that there has been a change in our membership fee structure.
DOWNLOAD THE FORM HERE!
Membership is valid for one year from time of registration.
If you have any questions please contact our Membership Service Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (902)423-8199.
NSCCA Membership: $40 Renewal Fee $50 New Member Fee
NSCCA and CCCF Membership: $65 Renewal Fee $75 New Member Fee
Why you should become a member:
The Nova Scotia Child Care Association is a collective voice that incorporates its members' ideas and those of their colleagues into a collective message providing a strong presence to advocate for the things early childhood educators need to do their job to the best of their ability. Improving standards and guidelines for the ECE profession will increase the quality of child care. Belonging to the NSCCA will ensure that your voice is included in establishing and advocating those standards.
Who can be a member?
Any individual over the age of 18 years residing in Nova Scotia who currently practices or has practiced in the Early Childhood Field.
What are my entitlements as a member?
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting and other occasions
- Professional development activities related to Standards of Practice, Occupational Standards, application of Ethics, and issues and trends that have an impact on you as an Early Childhood Educator
- e-Newsletters that gives an opportunity to members to submit articles, also featuring an ECE of the month as nominated by their colleagues.
- Code of Ethics and support in Ethical Practice
- Website resources
- Members-only section of website (coming soon!)
- Members-only Facebook group for networking and resource-sharing
- Current and up-to-date information on Child Care in Nova Scotia and across Canada
- NSCCA Pin and Certificate
- Professional recognition by colleagues
- Member of a collective group of Early Childhood Educators
- Advocacy and lobbying using messages and actions that members have had a part in formulating
- Discounts for members:
New to NSCCA Members
How to become a member.
If you would like to become a member of the NSCCA, there are many options on how to submit the three components:
- Membership form: mail or email the membership form to email@example.com ; or submit the online form
- Credentials: mail or email proof of credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment: by mail (cheque or money order), by email (e-transfer to email@example.com ), or using PayPal
*Please note that any service fees incurred are non-refundable.