( en anglais seulement)
Invitation to Submit Conference Presentation Proposal
Mental Health in the Early Years Social Emotional Wellness from the Start Conference 2016
October 21-23 Mount Saint Vincent University Rosaria Centre
Request for Proposals
The Nova Scotia Child Care Association, and our sponsors, are pleased to host our fourth annual Mental Health in the Early Years: Social Emotional Wellness Conference. This conference is intended to strengthen ties, and expand collaborations between practitioners who work with children in the early years of life, particularly those who require additional support.
The Conference Program Development Committee invites you to be a part of this exciting opportunity. Enclosed you will find our Conference Presentation Proposal.
The goals of the conference are to provide a wide range of material to enhance and broaden the provincial dialogue on the importance of recognizing the need for mental health services for families and children from birth to six; To provide the opportunity for all professionals working with families and children from birth to six to receive new and innovative research and information to assist them in their daily practice; To bring together colleagues from Atlantic Canada and beyond for networking, and collaboration.
We are accepting proposals for discussions that relate to one or more of the following areas Building Relationships, Social Emotional Learning Inclusive, Culturally and Developmentally Responsive Programming, Brain Development, Policy and Advocacy
- Education Professionals- Early Childhood Educators, Early Learning Opportunity Educators, Early Years Educators, Elementary School Teachers, School Administrators, Child Care Centre Administrators, Directors, Professors
- Early Interventionists, Resource Teachers, Inclusion Coordinators, and Classroom Support Staff
- Family Resource Coordinators; Early Childhood Resource Coordinators; Family Home Providers, Caregivers and Parents
- Pediatric Professionals and Clinicians in Health Care; Social and Community Care Workers
- Policy Administrators
Please select one of the remuneration options:
- Donating your time
- Complimentary advertising within the conference program package
- Attending the remainder of the conference
- Professional fee/honarium in the amount of $___________________________________
- NSCCA will copy all handouts (4 pages double sided maximum) . Handouts must be received by September 25, 2016.
- Gathering and purchasing of materials required for presentation are the responsibility of the presenter.
- AV will be provided by NSCCA, so long as AV requirements are provided no later than September 25, 2016.
- NSCCA is not responsible for presenter expenses including accommodations, meals, travel, or materials unless prior arrangements with the Conference Committee and NSCCA Board of Directors have been approved.
Submitting your Presentation Proposal
Attached you will find the October 21-23, 2016 Mental Health in the Early Years : Social Emotional Wellness Conference Workshop Proposal Form . Please review and fill out the form as accurately and as detailed as possible to ensure you have provided all the information we will require. Please submit a demonstration of your credentials, listing other training workshops/presentations/lectures you have delivered, and the audiences you presented to. Once the call for proposals in closed, we will be able to determine a clear schedule based on the number of presenters interested in participating.
Once Presentation Proposals are received, the 2016 Program Development Committee will review all applicants. If your proposal is accepted, you will receive written notification by April 30/16. If we are unable to use your proposal, you will receive a letter of regret. Once proposals are selected we will organize them into our program line up. Once the schedule is developed, we are unable to accommodate changes to times.
If you have any further questions, please contact Kelly Goulden, Executive Director at (902)423-8199 or firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE RETURN THE PROPOSAL FORM AND RESUME BY March 31, 2016. Contact information listed on Proposal Form.